O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Friday, April 18, 2014

How Can I Mourn the Lord When He Descends Into Hades to Raise Up the Sinner?


How can I mourn the death of the Lord when it is this very night that the Bridegroom descends into Hades to raise up from it the sinner? Let us bow in worship of the Divine Fire that this night descends to purify the sinner. She destroyed herself by sin, but just as the bones beheld by Ezekiel had pure flesh restored unto them and lived again as men who never died, so too in the same way shall her flesh be made pure of her sins and her life restored to her as one who never sinned. All glory and praise to the Divine Fire that burns the sinner clean! Let her arise asking, "Where have they taken my beloved?" Let the sinners arise as the myrrh-bearers asking, "Where has he been taken?" O Bridegroom in Thy great mercy, Glory to Thee!

"Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me. I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness. O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise."