O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

More To Be Desired Than Gold and Many Precious Stones


"Once when I held in my hand the cross which was at the end of my beads, He [Christ, in a vision] took it into His hand; and when He gave it to me again, it appeared to be of four great stones, incomparably more precious than diamonds.-A diamond is but a counterfeit in comparison to these. They had the five wounds of Our Lord engraved upon then after a most curious manner. He told me that I should always see this cross so, from that time forward, and so I did; for I no longer saw the matter of which the cross was made, but only those precious stones-though no other saw them but myself."-St. Teresa of Avila

*The title of this post is from Psalm 18, the Psalm of the Bridegroom, who gave the crucifix on the end of the rosary as a token of His love to His mystical bride, Our Holy Venerable Mother Teresa of Avila whose heart was transverberated by the Heavenly Bridegroom.