O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Hungry Christ

Hear the words of the Divine Bridegroom O Sinner: "I give Myself to the Father for Thy sake. It is my life. It is the reason why I came into this world. All I do is give Myself to the Father every minute of every day, every hour of every week, in the Holy Sacrament of the Altar. One Self-sacrifice of Mine made present in all time. I am always waiting, always watching out from my place looking at thee in thy sins.1 I am powerless to stop them because I have nailed Myself to the Cross. In My sacrifice of Myself I do naught but give Myself to the Father, that He might bring thee to Himself through Me. He shall call thee when it pleases Him. Until then I lie here hungry for a return of My love from thee, but I can only sacrifice Myself to the Father for thee and He shall call thee when it pleases Him. He shall raise thee gloriously from the dead to be with Me on the Life-giving Cross, free from all thy sins. Thou shalt be raised out of the muck and filth into which thou hast cast thyself and thou shalt live the glorious life for which thou wast created, because of My sacrifice of Myself to the Father, who created thee to live in His love and sent Me to bring thee to Him to remain there through the ages of ages. Amen."

1Pr 7:6-26