O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Monday, January 23, 2012

We Pray for the Children Condemned to Death


Rogation Day for the Victims of Abortion
This day should be put on the Church calendar in each country on the anniversary of the legalizaton of murder in that country. In the United States, it's today.

If I had a copy of the Akathist of Repentance for One Who Has Aborted a Child, I would post an excerpt of that since it is such a powerful prayer, but I'll make due with a tropar (antiphon) from the Office for the Victims of Abortion:
Again we pray for the children of God condemned to death by the unjust judgement of men: that the Lord our God would soften the hearts of those who seek their violent destruction, and rescue those who are being led forth to the slaughter, we diligently pray Thee, O Lord, hearken and have mercy!