O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The All-Consuming Obsession of Love

From In Sinu Iesu, via Vultus Christi:
"How it grieves my Heart when the unique love I offer a soul is spurned, or ignored, or regarded with indifference. I tell you this so that you may make reparation to my Heart by accepting the love I have for you and by living in my friendship. Receive my gifts, my kindnesses, my attention, my mercies for the sake of those who refuse what I so desire to give them."
The Nymphios is so hurt by seeing and knowing that His Bride, the Church, is living a life of sin, degrading Herself and wasting Her life on empty pleasures and sinful passions. He sacrifices His entire self to take care of Her and bring Her to the dignity for which She was created by God. He gives His whole Self, His entire life, even His very Body to His Bride, but He is left waiting alone at the altar next to the priest, because His beloved hasn't been to Mass in ages. She used to practice, but has become fallen-away. "I am become a stranger to my brethren, and an alien to the sons of my mother. For the zeal of thy house hath eaten me up: and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me." (Ps 68:9-10) He, in His infinite and all-consuming Love, will never abandon Her. That is why He was born, that is why He became Man, was to get Her to Heaven. He will not deny Who He is. But how does the world respond? By hating Him because He gets in the way of people's passions, which they regard as "rights" and "life choices". They call His Gospel "hate speech", "narrow-minded", and "stuck in the past". "They that sat in the gate spoke against me: and they that drank wine made me their song." (Ps 68:13) Evil lies and calls Him evil in a delusional attempt to defend itself.

He is waiting and watching from inside the tabernacle and says, "For I look out of the window of my house through the lattice, And I see little ones, I behold a foolish young man, Who passeth through the street by the corner, and goeth nigh the way of her house." (Prov. 7:6-8) The Nymphios sees His Bride wasting all her time and energy on a life without Him. Even when She does show up on Sunday, She spends the other six days of the week on everything but Him. This leaves Him grievously wounded, a lance in His side, piercing His Heart and the pain just won't end.

There is only one thing that can satisfy Him: Her. "For if thou hadst desired sacrifice, I would indeed have given it: with burnt offerings thou wilt not be delighted. A sacrifice to God is an afflicted spirit: a contrite and humbled heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." (Ps 50:18-19) All He wants is companionship, living their lives together, giving everything of Himself to get Her to Heaven. That is why He was born in Bethlehem, to get the souls He loves with an all-consuming love to Heaven. He wants companionship throughout our lives, changing our entire lifestyles, elevating us to the dignity for which we were created by God. He wants us to love Him with the Love with which He loves us. The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the most important, as that is when He is able to be with Her intimately. He sacrifices Himself for Her, giving everything to Her, even His very Body, and demands that She offer Herself to Him the same way in return. We must give ourselves to Him. The only thing that can satisfy Him is our sacrifice of ourselves to Him.

Icon of the Nymphios (Bridegroom)