O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

...or you can ask for directions.

During the Easter Season I'll be bringing you gems from St. Faustina's Diary, after reading it for Lent.

Diary of St. Faustina, 1561
And now I am going to tell you something that is most important for you: boundless sincerity with your spiritual director. If you do not take advantage of this great grace according to My instructions, I will take him away from you, and then you will be left to yourself; and all the torments, which you know very well, will return to you. It displeases Me that you do not take advantage of the opportunity when you are able to see him and talk with him. Know that it is a great grace on My part when I give a spiritual director to a soul. Many souls ask Me for this, but it is not to all that I grant this grace. From the moment when I gave you this priest as spiritual director, I endowed him with new light so that he might easily know and understand your soul...

We cannot go it alone. We need the help of those around us. Doing things alone is dangerous. It leaves one open to mis-interpretations and getting lost. Those who break away from the Church do so based on their misinterpretations and false ideas that were not properly quenched. One needs the help of others in the Church to keep oneself on track, so that one may stay in line with Church teachings, not get distracted by less important affairs, and be able to learn from their experience instead of learning the hard way. Learning the hard way essentially just wastes your life which could have been spent serving Christ the King instead of serving your own desires. The hard part is finding a faithful Catholic who knows enough about the faith to do lead you properly (and not lead you to false ideas himself), but thankfully those numbers are increasing.