O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Our Food Stash

During the Easter Season I'll be bringing you gems from St. Faustina's Diary, after reading it for Lent.
Diary of St. Faustina, 1302
Today, I have come to understand many of God's mysteries. I have come to know that Holy Communion remains in me until the next Holy Communion. A vivid and clearly felt presence of God continues in my soul. The awareness of this plunges me into deep recollection, without the slightest effort on my part. My heart is a living tabernacle in which the living Host is reserved. I have never sought God in some far-off place, but within myself. It is in the depths of my own being that I commune with my God.
The Eucharist is the intimacy between Christ and His Bride. When we go to Communion, we go to Our Divine Bridegroom. This union remains in us, as food for the soul, that we can go too again and again for strength. When we go to Communion, we speak to the Lord in that most intimate moment, telling Him our most intimate needs and desires (or at least that is what we are supposed to do). He speaks to us. When we feel weak, tired, or in pain, we should go back to that Communion and draw strength from that intimate exchange with the Divine Bridegroom.