O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Lovers Together in the Garden

During the Easter Season I'll be bringing you gems from St. Faustina's Diary, after reading it for Lent. Today we have a poem worshiping the Sacred Host. This is no more than two souls, deeply in love, meeting together. The Divine Bridegroom comes to meet His Bride, veiled in the Sacred Host. The Holy Bride, so in love with Him, runs out to meet Him:
Diary of St. Faustina, 159
O Blessed Host, in golden chalice enclosed for me,
That through the vast wilderness of exile
I may pass-pure, immaculate, undefiled;
Oh, grant that through the power of Your love this might come to be.
O Blessed Host, take up Your dwelling within my soul,
O Thou my heart's purest love!
With Your brilliance the darkness dispel.
Refuse not Your grace to a humble heart.
O Blessed Host, enchantment of all heaven,
Though Your beauty be veiled
And captured in a crumb of bread,
Strong faith tears away that veil.