O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Domine Non Sum Dignus...


During the Easter Season I'll be bringing you gems from St. Faustina's Diary, after reading it for Lent. Today I think I'll get a little personal, the passage is about the priesthood after all.
Diary of St. Faustina, 331
"When the priest acts in my place, he does not act of himself, but I act through him. His wishes are Mine." I can see how Jesus defends His representatives. He himself enters into their actions.
Christ defends His priests and their wills. Although I am still on the path to the priesthood, I can already see this to some extent in my life. Certain people I once knew ran off into a certain lifestyle. I do not want said people in said lifestyle. God proclaims that said lifestyle is sinful. Ergo, God has taken my side in this matter. God even goes as far as saying that I will have the authority to forgive sins and expiate them on the altar. You know when St. Peter said to the Lord after the miraculous catch of fish, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord."? Yea, that's pretty much how I feel at this point. Never mind the whole situation where the priest says the form of one of the Sacraments and God then obeys the priest and does as he says, either coming down on the altar or forgiving sins or what have you, just the circumstances around that can be pretty profound and humbling sometimes.