O Lord Thou shalt open my lips and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Christ is Waiting...

During the Easter Season I'll be bringing you gems from St. Faustina's Diary, after reading it for Lent.
Diary of St. Faustina, 1275
My Secretary, write that I am more generous toward sinners than toward the just. It was for their sake that I came down from heaven; it was for their sake that My Blood was spilled. Let them not fear to approach Me; they are most in need of My mercy.
If it wasn't for sin, Christ would not have had to come down from Heaven. Sin is the very reason for His Priesthood, for His Sacrifice. When we sin, we are afraid that Christ won't want us back, because we have done so much to hurt Him and have rejected everything He tried to give us. On the contrary, we are the very reason He came down from Heaven. He waits impatiently for our return. He waits impatiently, wanting to forgive us. He goes out of His way to get us back, even going through the death of the cross. All that's left is for us to go back to Him...